Build and share virtual tours from your 360° spherical VR images to play back in free companion app VRHopper.
VRHopShop is an authoring system for creating virtual tours from a series of 360° spherical images. These tours can be viewed in the companion app, VRHopper, with a VR Headset for the iPhone or on an iPad (or iPhone) by panning with your finger or moving the device around.
Starting with a set of spherical photos (stereo or mono), you build a web of linked images that your viewers can 'hop' between by gazing at the targets you set up. You can also add labels or sound effects to various targets. From real estate or architectural walkthroughs to museum tours to factory instruction, VRHopShop makes it easy to turn your VR photos into a compelling, immersive VR experience. Author once on VRHopShop and anyone with an iPhone or iPad and the free VRHopper app can download and enter your virtual environment look around inside one photo, then hop over to another photo by looking at the appropriate labeled target you chose.
Creating and managing your virtual tours is easy, just pick a starting image ('world') and optionally choose some music or ambient sounds that will loop in the background throughout the virtual tour. Then add some more worlds by picking images from your photos library, either one at a time or multiples. Each of these worlds can have their own narration or soundtrack. All the worlds are presented in a single layout showing their connections, double tap on one to jump into that image and add new targets ('hop spots'). Your can navigate your unwrapped 360 image, seeing it just like your audience will, and add labels, sound effects or hops to other worlds just by holding a finger on the spot in the picture where you want the target. When you have the hops to other worlds added, you can load those other images up just by double tapping on the target. This makes the job of adding links to and from each world fast and easy.
VRHopShop includes built-in help documentation and a quick-start guide, so you brush up on any of these details even when you are out in the field, without internet. (yipes!)
VRHopShop (and VRHopper) work with standard 360° spherical images from cameras like the Ricoh Theta, Nokia Ozo, Samsung Gear 360, LG 360 Cam, 360Fly, Nikon KeyMission 360, Insta360 Nano, Kodak PIXPRO SP360, Vuze 4K 3D 360, GIROPTIC 360cam, VSN Mobil V.360, Panono, ALLie 8MP Day/Night IR 360°, and most others!
- Supports 360° images in mono and stereoscopic
- Select and import single frames from 360° movies
- Automatic detection of side-by-side or top-and-bottom stereo images
- Add sound effects, music, narration or background ambient sounds in .wav or .mp3 format
- Add pop-up labels wherever you want
- Pan and zoom within your images to see them and place targets just as your viewers will see them
- Built-in help
- Individual north offset angle to align directions among multiple 360 images
- Export compressed .hops file with all assets included, directly to VRHopper or share with other apps
- Includes awesome example tour of Matt Borrett's stunning virtual world, Hypernurnia